Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Wooden clothes peg labels

My lovely friend Lisa bought me some wooden clothes peg blackboard labels ages ago. I was at the time making and selling bath bombs but shortly after she'd given them to me I stopped this little sideline due to having my second baby. And I put these label things away and forgot about them. However, since getting a bit obsessed with organising, I found them in a box of bath bomb-related stuff and I love how they look. I bought a couple of dressmakers chalk pens so I could write on them (and easily erase it to start again). 

Here is one of them on my dressing table:


I've also got two in the laundry room (spare bedroom) - one for a box that has adults socks in it (somewhere to put them before I've paired them up) and another for kids socks. I really like how they look and also how you can reuse them easily. 

First I set about trying to find more of them. I couldn't find them on ebay. I found some on Etsy - via doing an image search on google for "clothes peg blackboard label" or something similar. This is what I found:


They were a bit expensive (as they were in the US) and I already had some brand new wooden clothes pegs. I just needed to find some wood or woodboard to use for the label base. Luckily my dad had some board leftover from making a puzzle and he cut up the pieces for me - using his work bench which is apparently 3 years older than me!! He bought it in 1974. I was so impressed I took a picture:


He cut up nice little squares the exact same size as the one I already had. Six of them:


And he gave me some sandpaper and a block to wrap it round. I love my Daddy!


I thought mine might look pretty painted. So I mixed up some pale blue, yellow, pink, green, purple and orange paints...


















I just love them! Think they are CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment