Friday, September 21, 2012

Ok maybe I'm not quite ready to hang up my blogging.... erm, things that you hang up when you give something up

The last few weeks have been a bit mad. I've been going for interviews. Being turned down. Struggling with being a stay at home mum (okay not full time but more than I did when I was working 3 full days a week). Struggling with the organising and to be honest, a lot of the time just down right giving up on being organised altogether. Cos, whats the point? The house is going to be messy again the next day, right? The kids will get up and throw all their toys on the floor again. There will be more clothes to wash tomorrow and all I'll have to do tomorrow is more housework. 

I've been aching to get back to work. As much as I never thought I would say that. I also never thought I would want to go to work full time but the more I stay at home the more I want to go back to work. Some people may not like that (I know some people don't) but you know what, being a stay at home mum does not work for everyone. I'm going to try working full time for while. If it doesn't work for me, I can always change it. Personally I think I'll take to it (given the right job, which I hope I have found) like a duck to water. 

So now my head is spinning with all the things that I need to get organised so that Monday morning (when I start my new job - did I forget to mention that I have a new job starting monday) is not such a mad rush of terror. I am going to list said things just so that they can maybe stop whirling around my poor little brain:
  • Pack kids bags in advance
  • Keeping on top of daily chores like cleaning kitchen
  • Sort out childcare (mostly done but a few things to iron out)
  • Work out cost of childcare
  • Work out proportion of new income (vs hubby's income) so we know who pays how much - long story but basically we pay bill proportionally
  • Planning what I need to wear
  • Planning budget
  • Reading up on tips to be the best office manager I can be (that's what I'm going to be doing)
  • Decide what systems I will use to stay organised in new job - check if its ok to install Evernote
  • Maybe buy a pretty new notebook at work - although am such a techy would probably only use 3 pages and then lose interest! 
Well, maybe the list isn't that long then. I'm sure I'll think of more. 



Um. In the meantime, here is something creative I did that actually only took me a couple of hours. 

I took this table:


 Painted it with blackboard paint, then drew stuff on it with chalk pens:


This is the final table in action with all my daughter's new Peppa Pig stuff on it:

 


1 comment: