Monday, July 16, 2012

FlyLady Fail / Bag Packing score!

OK, I admit it. I've completely fallen off the FlyLady wagon. I haven't even LOOKED at my Babysteps pages. I don't even know what day I'm supposed to be on.

One thing I did do over this weekend though was to pre-pack the kids bags for the whole week ahead. I put the stuff into plastic bags - orange Sainsbury's bags for my daughter and white and blue Tesco bags for my son. I work Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays so I just needed 3 bags for each child. I used the HomeRoutines app to track what each bag had in it. I would put a screen shot up but my on/off button on my iPhone is not working.

So in the morning (or the night before if I get round to it) I can just get the bags and fill them up from the plastic bags (which I labelled with post it note stapled to the bags so I can use them again).

I've always wanted to be more organised when it comes to getting the kids ready in the morning. And this feels like a much better way than repacking the bags (running round the house 3 times a week packing spare pants, nappies, etc). Now I only have to do it once per week. Much more manageable. I guess that's what organising is all about. Finding a system that works for you. Now if I can just STAY on top of the laundry.....

No comments:

Post a Comment