Monday, July 9, 2012

Fly Lady Babysteps Day 2

Today's FlyLady babystep was "get up and get dressed to lace-up shoes".

I was a bit confused because a) it was a work day so I had to get dressed up and b) I don't have any lace up shoes. Not that I wear for work anyway.

I understand the point of it. Its so that you feel ready for the day. I often feel rather sluggish (at the moment) because I need to lose at least half a stone (a stone if I'm being optimistic) and so when I'm not at work I am living out of tracky bottoms and baggy t-shirts. I don't feel like I can get dressed up in nice (if practical) clothes because I'd be uncomfortable and I HATE being uncomfortable.

I need to shine my sink before I go to bed. My dinner isn't ready and I'm shattered after driving to Heathrow to pick up my in-laws. I'm not 100% sure that that sink is going to be shined before I go to bed.

This is last night's shined sink - I was so pleased with it I put a picture up on my Facebook page:


Here is the FlyLady's instructions on How to Shine Your Sink.

Really its not JUST to shine your sink. You have to empty it of dirty dishes first. So you have to do the washing up and then dry up the washed dishes. And then clean the sink and then dry it with a tea towel.

It really does leave you feeling like you achieved something good once its done. Having said that, its 10.07pm and the worksurfaces are covered with clutter (only yesterday they were clear - this still amazes me: that I can spend so much time and effort tidying up and so quickly it all becomes messy again). Honestly, I don't think I'm going to get to it today. I'll do it in the morning (I'm thinking maybe this is my problem...). 


No comments:

Post a Comment