Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wrapping Memories Up

I have never found it easy to throw away letters and cards and simply refused to throw away ANY of the cards I received when my kids were born and I've been meaning to do something with them since Joshua was born in October 2008. Sadly, until now they sat around in piles, some in the intray that is never looked at, some in cupboards, some in a cardboard box in the loft with other random items.... I even found several cards just scattered on the floor of the loft. 


Finally I got round to dealing with them and it felt really good. I gathered all the cards together and then when I had half an hour to spend on my own in my new office, I divided the cards up into piles - by child and then by occassion: birth, naming day, 1st birthday, 2nd birthday, 3rd birthday. Then I decided that as they probably wouldn't be looked at for years and years it would be nice to wrap them up like presents. So I found some nice wrapping paper, tissue paper and the like and some ribbon and then I tied the ribbon around the packages and made pretty labels for each package. 


This is what they looked like before:




And these are my packages after:











No comments:

Post a Comment