Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dressing table - update

Following on from my post Making My Bedroom a Haven....


You can't always do everything you want to at the time you want to do it. For instance, when I tidied up my dressing table, it felt like quite a big job just to clear the surface and put all the stuff away - let alone reorganise all the drawers, but you shouldn't let the fact that you don't completely finish a job either a) put you off starting it altogether or b) continuing with it in small steps. 


I had a nice lie in this morning (until 10.30am) and after having a shower I had a bit of time before leaving to meet my friend and I opened one of my drawers and had an urge that I couldn't ignore, to tidy it up. 


This is what it looked like before (I remembered to take the "before" photo - YAY!):




All a bit of a jumble as you can see. 


I took everything out of the drawer onto the surface and divided it into piles...


Nice empty drawer

Manicure type stuff

Nail varnishs (all in a bag)
Took nailvarnishes out of bag

Party type stuff - glitter, fake eyelashes etc
Nail care stuff
Some smaller manicure type stuff
I found a nice metal tin for the party stuff which, although I rarely use it, I hate to throw it away as  it could come in handy one day

And this is what it looked like when I'd finished. 


This only took me about 10-15 minutes - and this proves my urge to keep all boxes!! It just goes to show that even if you don't have tonnes of time or energy, you can acheive something in a short amount of time. Tonight or tomorrow I might do one of the other drawers!


No comments:

Post a Comment