Thursday, February 23, 2012

Making my bedroom a haven

My bedroom is usually the last place to get my attention because its the place I crawl to when I'm tired and its the place I crawl out of first thing in the morning when the kids insist on getting up. However, lately I've read quite a few blogs that said that prettifying your bedroom can make a big deal a) to how you relax in the evening and b) to how easily/quickly you can get ready in the morning. I always HATE how messy my bedroom is. So, I've been doing a bit of rejigging. I'm kicking myself I didn't take any BEFORE photos but TRUST ME. It was bad!!! 

I started by buying these lovely boxes from Ikea. I made the labels myself as I thought black labels with gold writing would stand out more than the standard cream labels:


I've ordered them so that the things I use less frequently (yes, sadly stockings and suspenders etc are used less often than tights) are on the bottom row and more frequently used items on the top. I love how these boxes fit so perfectly in the space. I only bought three originally and I'm so glad that my friend Emma managed to get me another 3 and posted them to me! Thanks Emma!

I haven't figured out what to do with the bottom shelf yet. It still looks a bit of a mess. I might ask my dad to put in an extra shelf so that I have two less deep shelves rather than one massively deep one:


I've had my eye on some pink velvet hangers for months now - since I saw some in TK Maxx but we'd already spent a small fortune that day anyway on post-Christmas stuff so I didn't get them. However, I decided to treat myself and this is what they look like. Again, I'm kicking myself for not taking a BEFORE photo. I should also mention that I've kicked my husband's suits out of the bedroom wardrobe (to the spare bedroom one) as he works from home and rarely wears them. Sensible? I thought so. We'll see what he thinks when he gets home!!! Annoyingly I can't seem to rotate the pictures! Grrrr



I also found this in the cupboard for shoes so I could have some of them out rather than being tucked in the drawer under the bed or scattered on the floor of the wardrobe:



I also attacked my dressing table which looked like a bomb had hit it. This is what it looks like now:



My friend Lisa gave me the blackboard label clip things and I haven't found a use for them until now (she bought them for me to label my products when I was making and selling bath bombs and things but I stopped doing it shortly after she bought them for me). I put all my daily creams and potions in this Ikea box:



This box has been hiding in a corner of the bedroom and I wasn't sure what to do with it but I thought it looked really pretty on my dressing table so I put some small tester creams and cotton wool pads in it:


Mirror drawer: I put some makeup essentials, and other bits and pieces, making sure to keep things in little boxes so they don't get all messy again:


That's all for now on the wardrobe. 


xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment