Monday, May 7, 2012

Projects Board

While perusing my RSS blog app on my iphone, I found this post and it inspired me into a 10 minute project to distract me from what I was REALLY meant to be doing.

I have tried several to do systems both technological and physical (chores charts and suchlike) but no matter how pretty and functional they are I never manage to stick to them for very long. The joy of this one was that its purpose is purely to focus the mind on the (craft/organisation etc) projects on the go or that I plan to start on next.

I also love that its located in my "office" and so its my domain and so if I wanted to stick it straight onto the wall with doublesided sticky tape (and I did want to - husband will gasp with horror) I could (and I did).

I started sticking double-sided sticky tape to the pegs (and then cutting the tape off at the edge), then sticking the pretty retro ribbon onto the pegs. Then I found the paper that I wanted to use as the background. Then decided that it would look nice framed, so cut down the first sheet so it could sit nicely on top (and inside) the 2nd sheet of decorative paper. I put the label together with glitter sticker letters that I bought for my chores chart that I put together recently and stuck it all together with doublesided sticky tape (got to love that stuff). I used black card that I had lying around to create the little cards that are to hold my "projects" and I wrote the names of a couple of projects using my white wet erase chalk pen.

See below for the finished product. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment