Monday, May 14, 2012

How to get organised when you're depressed

I'm writing this as a kind of reminder to myself as I'm suffering slightly at the moment. I'm not going to pretend to be a doctor or to know what anyone else is going through or should do when they are depressed. I can only speak from my own experience.

Sometimes when you are depressed its hard enough to get up let alone get things done. However, if you really feel like you need to do some things for your own peace of mind (lets face it there is only so long that you can go without clean clothes or dishes before something needs to be done). My advise would be:
  • be selective. only do what really needs doing
  • do a little at a time
  • focus on one thing at a time
  • take regular breaks. Do 2-5 minutes of organising/housework/whatever, at a time and then rest for as long as you need to. 
  • be proud of what you accomplish. Even if its a tiny fraction of what you would be able to accomplish if you were well. 
I'm gonna end this post here as I'm tired just from writing this! Take it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment