Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Best Blog Format

A lot of the blogs that I follow seem to have a regular flow of blog posts and some of them seem to have set days when they have a particular type of post (like "must try Monday" - a post about recipes, and Pinterest Tuesday or something like that, where the blogger shares photos that they have found particularly interesting that week.

Being new to blogging I'm not sure if I should try that format. I'm worried that if I start, due to my hectic lifestyle at the moment I would not be able to keep it up. I have a few things that I have been working on and not yet got around to blogging about and I have tonnes of ideas and to be honest I feel quite overloaded as it is right now. I wish I could spend more time on my blog as I really love doing it. And I definitely want to grow the business that I'm hoping to build up (an idea that came almost directly out of the blog and feedback that I received).

Am I too self-critical? Maybe one quality blog post a week is better than 3 a week (two of which are filler - or could be if I feel pressured into producing something just because it is Storage Saturday or whatever).

Are you a blog reader? Do you prefer blogs you read to have a particular format? A you a blog writer? What sort of format, schedule etc do you use for your blog.

Comments most welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if this blog is still being monitored, but it came up high in the listings when searching for "best blog format".

    If you are still checkin in.... Did you ever get any feedback anywhere on what format people seem to like? Do you have any particular favorites yourself?

    ReplyDelete